Patch'es that will (hopefully) be mentioned in 2.4.4..

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Tue Dec 19 04:45:17 PST 2000

On Monday 18 December 2000 14:47, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> + J.A. Neitzel wrote:
> > How can we integrate all these patches and even be sure that they
> > apply to bugs that *exist* in the pristine sources? I am concerned
> > that all? or some? of the distros have conflicting goals with the
> > pristine sources of many packages.
>
> Aye!

I was wondering why the GNU people don't maintain a patches area on their
ftp server? I would think with all the software FSF/GNU is involved with,
the pristine sources at ftp.gnu.org would have security area.

I'm no programmer, but it seems like everyone under the sun writes
patches when exploits appear. What happens to them all? Don't the GNU
people get a hold of them and merge them in? Granted, they would have to
undo the Distro-specific parts...
--
Regards,
J.A. Neitzel