Audio CD ripping

Alice Wonder alicewonder at shastaherps.org
Mon Mar 31 21:56:03 PDT 2014

Hello list,

I've written a bash shell script for ripping audio CDs

One of the things it does is resample to 48 kHz.

I'm not aware of any CD ripping software that does that, though I find
it to be advantageous.

It also will detect most CDs that used pre-emphasis during mastering and
compensate for it, a lot of CD rippers don't.

Full details on what it does (and doesn't) do:

http://www.clfsrpm.net/CDRIP/CDRipper.txt

The script itself:

http://www.clfsrpm.net/CDRIP/cdrip.sh

The script is served as text/plain so your browser shouldn't ask you
what you want to do with it, should display as a text file.

Enjoy. Or not ;)