The hobby of bootable media

Andrew Elian e_lion_1 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:20:18 PDT 2012

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:43:35PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 04:19:43PM -0600, Andrew Elian wrote:
> >
> > Re-reading my earlier email I should clarify - I meant to say "try the
> > LFS style hint which is attached" (and check it for bugs or improvements).
> >
>  It looked interesting, but even with my faster new machines I don't
> think I'll have time to try it (for me, backups on nfs with
> SystemRescueCD mostly work, so I don't have an urgent need to try
> this).
Yeah, that is true, sometimes the time is hard to come by.   Myself, I
usually work with it when there's a snowstorm outside.

>  But, do you find that the bright text is useful ?  I ask because of
> my interest in console fonts - I much prefer using non-bright
> framebuffers so that I can accomodate 512 glyphs.
Console fonts are really fun!  I happen to prefer terminus right now.  I
usually use a small font size and sit back a distance from the screen.
The different colors helped me distinguish the messages from the kernel
(which are gray) and the bootscripts' output.

ae