greetings

Mike Hollis zzflop at embarqmail.com
Fri Jan 21 08:47:35 PST 2011

 I don't know exactly how much longer I will have internet connectivety,
so I will probably be canceling most of my mailing list subcriptions
soon.
  My sister and I have taken care of our mother who was felled by a
stroke a little over 2 years ago . We brought her home from a nursing
home and her and I have cared for her until she passed last Sunday.
 I was working part-time at that point but gave that up as my sister
developed health problems of her own and I had to be here most of the
time.
 We had help from hospice, but it was still a 7:30 am to 10:30 pm  7 day
a week job for me. In my spare time , using the internet was my little
social contact and participating in the LFS community was a big part of
this.
 While watching the death process run it's course the last week of
Mama's life was one of the most heart-rending experiences I ever
experienced, I wouldn't trade for it anything in this world. The
last day was the most difficult, but I take comfort in knowing that
I was with her till the last breath.
 I hope that at some point I will be able to participate again.

--- Mike Hollis ---