I'm considering writing a hint.

John Hall j_hall at verizon.net
Tue Feb 1 11:30:14 PST 2011

On Jan 12, 2011, at 2:00 AM, lfs-chat-request at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

Seems like an interesting thing Maxwell and some day I will probably
want to make a system like this.

> As for the differences between my potential hint and Lars'... To be
> honest, there isn't much of a difference, but I can think of a couple.
> First, in my hint, you don't need to have a dedicated hard drive on the
> machine at all.  You can just boot off the USB drive and then use the
> machine without any disks.  How is this helpful?  Well, you could
> potentially use my system anywhere you go (with the proper modules
> compiled)... boot it off of a library computer, do your thing, and
> leave.

I don't know if you already thought about this or not but I would
think to including multiple USB or, even flash/thumb, drives would
be trivial if you wanted additional data space. (though I must admit,
the amount of space I *really* need for data is pretty small.)

John