Could someone try a short program for me, please?

Simon Willcocks simon.willcocks at t-online.de
Sun Oct 10 06:27:52 PDT 2010

In message <483263625.4407861286567434172.JavaMail.root at dsmdc-mail-mbs4> you wrote:

> fprintf is NOT on the list of async signal safe functions.  See
>
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/functions/xsh_chap02_04.html#tag_02_%3Cbr%3E04_03

Aha!  That's exactly what I needed to know.

My alarm handler now doesn't make any output (and if I really, really needed
to it seems I could use write).

Thanks very much to both of you for your time.  (Aleksandar, it was helpful
to know it happened on other setups, including single-core systems.)

Simon

--
ROLF - The RISC OS Look and Feel on Linux.
http://ro-lookandfeel.blogspot.com/