code help

Mike Hollis zzflop at embarqmail.com
Fri Nov 26 08:23:18 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 11:27:01AM +0100, Aleix wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 November 2010 00:49:35 Mike Hollis wrote:
<jest>
> >  I ran across this code in a C tutorial. It compiles without error but I
> > having trouble understanding the output. Perhaps someone could
> help me
> > out.
<\end jest>
<snip>
> > ---- Mike Hollis ----
>
> This is a version of the code a little bit more readable with the same
> output:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
<snip>
> I tried to debug it with gdb but i didn't understand nothing,
> I'm sorry, the most misterious is the form that enter the text:
> ciao
> Aleix Ortí
> --
 I tried with gdb,strace, and ltrace to try to get some handle on how
the Twelve Days of Christmas was printed from that tangle of spagetti
code, but it is beyond my expertise and for me will remain a mystery.

 I think the author of the tutorial included  as a jest for his students
and didn't really expect them to decipher it and that is the spirit in
which I posted it. I just got a kick out of it and thought someone else
might too.

 But if you figure it out, Please let me know !

--- Mike Hollis ---