automounting cdrom drives (Udev question)

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 22:23:47 PDT 2010

I was doing some research into automounting, and I am trying to find
the glue that can automatically mount a cdrom drive when inserted, and
unmount/eject it when the eject button is pressed.

udevadm monitor  does not show anything interesting when I hit the
eject button, nor when a cd is inserted, so I have a hunch that it'll
take more then udev.

I heard that hal could do that (which has been depreciated, and
replaced with devkit-disks), but I was not finding much information on
how devkit works.  It 'feels' like a reporting program, requiring
another program to mount the disks.

Note: So far, just researching.  I was hoping to avoid PAM, which is
one of the dependencies down the chain.

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------