Suppressing GCC fixincludes

Angel Tsankov fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Tue Jan 27 05:28:36 PST 2009

Angel Tsankov wrote:
> As far as I get it, the GCC's fixincludes script should not be run
> during the second and third passes of GCC. Currently, the LFS book
> suggests that the execution of finxincludes be suppressed by applying
> a sed substition similar to this one:
>
> sed -i 's@\./fixinc\.sh at -c true@' gcc/Makefile.in
>
> On the other hand, the gcc/Makefile.in file says that the execution of
> fxincludes can be controlled via the STMP_FIXINC variable.  Isn't
> this a better way to suppress fixincludes?

Well, it might be a more complete way to suppress the execution of
fixincludes via the STMP_FIXINC variable, but then GCC won't find some
headers.  Changing 'STMP_FIXINC = @STMP_FIXINC@' in gcc/Makefile.in to
'STMP_FIXINC =' leads to the following error during compilation of GCC: 'no
include path in which to search for limits.h'

--Angel