Swap for LFS LiveCD 6.1.1

Rainer Peter Feller Rainer-Peter.Feller at physik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Jan 14 04:02:39 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 13:23 +0200, Angel Tsankov wrote:
> Thanks.  Now I'm swapping to a file.
>
> By the way is there any difference between swapping to file and swapping to
> partition other then in the former case the partition containing the swap
> info can be used for other purposes besides swapping?
>
> --Angel

I think you drop the filesystem overhad if swapping to a partitition ...

Swapptips

1. make it as big as you need :-) (how to determ that)
2. use your fastest AND most reliable disc to swap
3. use a swap partitition
4. use the first cylinders of your hdd to swap
5. plug more ram so that you don't need to have swapspace (always the
best tip)

CUH Rainer Peter Feller