An idea on extending the "Package users" approach

mantiz at gmx.net mantiz at gmx.net
Wed Jan 7 11:20:11 PST 2009

AT> If you install each package in its own directory, why do you use package
AT> users?

Some packages aren't well configured so that some paths are fix and
package users prevent overwriting based on the permissions so that I
get errors at installation and can manually edit the Makefile to
customize the paths.

First I startet with package users, then I installed my system in the
lfs-next-to-existing-system-way, then I got the idea of installing all
in /pkgs and now I have a mix of all the three.

hm, I will review it later.

greets
Christian