An idea on extending the "Package users" approach

Angel Tsankov fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Tue Jan 6 23:59:25 PST 2009

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> Basically what you suggest is possible, but IMO (as a long time
> pkg-user user) it does not provide me any extra usability to
> compensate for the added complexity. The key for me is automation.

I like the 'package users' approach but I think it misses the version
information -- I find this information useful.
My idea is to make 'package users' a little bit information at the expense
of some more (but not too much IMO) "book keeping".  What exactly do you
find difficult to automate?

--Angel