How to update packages in a LFS system

lists at kitepilot.com lists at kitepilot.com
Fri Jan 2 08:28:47 PST 2009

As far as I know, you can't "update" LFS packages.
That's why I built:
http://www.kitepilot.com/LFS/
That allows me to build packages straight from Chapter 6 and the packages
can coexist with anything, even other package managers.

You could even build a package after you installed the software, and use the
information to remove it.
YMMV

Feel free to take a look and please holla' if you need help.
Enrique