Patching Xorg

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 1 14:58:18 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 11:56:53PM +0200, Angel Tsankov wrote:
> How am I supposed to apply the following patch:
> http://ftp.x.org/pub/X11R6.8.2/patches/xorg-68x-dbe-render.patch.  I'm
> particularly interested in the command line arguments to "patch" and the
> directory where I should call it.  I tried "patch -Np1 -i
> xorg-68x-dbe-render.patch" and "patch -N -i xorg-68x-dbe-render.patch" in
> xc, xc/programs, xc/programs/Xserver, and xc/programs/Xserver/dbe but none
> of my tries was successful.

 We used to have all manner of weirdly-diffed patches in kde
security updates. I suppose you will need -Np0 from within
xc/programs/Xserver, or

pushd xc/programs/Xserver
patch -Np0 -i /path/to/patch
popd

 BUT, I have a lot of difficulty trying to understand why anyone
would build such an *antique* version of xorg.

ĸen