power management and laptops

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 3 15:32:19 PST 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 02:56:55PM -0800, J. Greenlees wrote:
> Just some info.
> Last week I saw a Gateway laptop [ model not known yet ] running
> Mandriva 2008 that would suspend / hibernate when the unit was closed.
> This was an "out of box" configuration on power management.
> [ meaning no customisation, Mandriva's default conf used. ]
>
> This is the first time I have seen power management work right on a
> laptop, with any distro.
> [ I'll try to get the conf used for those building LFS on a laptop. ]
>
> Jaqui

 Useful.  I managed to get one of the last of the ibook G4's to
replace my G3 - they both slept fine (the G3 died, the G4 is still
in use, but getting a bit slow for compiling) - that's the versions
with the radeon video, of course (the nvidia pmacs don't sleep), and
using pbbuttonsd.  Nice to see the little-endian laptops catching up
at last ;)

ĸen