radioheadremix.com

J. Greenlees lists at jaqui-greenlees.net
Thu Apr 3 23:55:27 PDT 2008

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was wondering if any of you heard about the above site and what
> Radiohead has done in releasing separate audio tracks for their song
> 'Nude'? (Well, you can purchase them separately at the iTunes store.)
>
> It's actually pretty cool, I think, since they're asking people to
> create re-mixes of the song. Of course, they still claim ownership to
> the tracks and therefore any re-mix you upload to their site, but it's
> still an interesting approach to generating creativity and interest.
>
> I admit it, I was lured into creating a mix myself. :) Wrote about it
> here:
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jhuntwork/blog/2008/04/remixing-radiohead.html
>
> --
> JH

This is the first I have heard about it, but it doesn't surprise me.
Radiohead has a better understanding of how to keep fans buying their
music than R.I.A.A. does.
You did know that Radiohead has bypassed normal sales venues and
marketed heir latest cd online only, and allow custom versions of it,
for "whatever price you, the customer, are willing to pay" which
includes $0.00