comment on a website forum... about LFS

lists lists at jaqui-greenlees.net
Thu Sep 27 00:37:42 PDT 2007

CNET's Techrepublic website to be specific.
"
Linux from Scratch is VERY well done

    I am just on the good side of Linux stupid. However, since I am good
at step by step, (I am also pretty good with my letters as well but that
is another story.) I was able to install LFS in a short period of time.

    I like it because I know exactly what is on the box and what I need
to track for patches and security flaws. However, I am using it for an
internal web server.

    I also learned more about Linux in two days than I was able to learn
in two semesters in college. (Considering I forgot almost all of it that
is not saying much.)

    When I do build my workstation it will be with LFS. More opportunity
to learn.

faradhi
Job Role: Networking / LAN Administration
Location: Bartlett, Tennessee
"

positive feedback is always nice to hear about.