What program do you use for web design?

Jaqui Greenlees jaqui_greenlees at yahoo.ca
Wed May 16 23:21:09 PDT 2007

--- TheOldFellow <theoldfellow at gmail.com> wrote:

~snip~

> Interesting.  Anyone know of a CMS that is
> compliant?  I was betting on
> Joomla-1.5, but it might not hack it.  The essential
> feature is user
> management of content.
>
> R.
I did look at a lot of them, and that was my highest
criteria, those that support compliant pages are not
actually very user friendly on setup / install or use.

I know some of the wiki scripts are better than most
cms scripts, but they tend to all use enhanced
features like ajax, which actually breaks
accessibility.
[ picture a screen reader trying to get through an
ajax box that keeps changing the content ]

Unfortunately I haven't had any luck with finding any
pre made CMS that puts out compliant pages and is easy
to install, configure and use.
I'm in the middle of updating a set of php functions
to make them put out compliant xhtml instead of
compliant html. should be done Tuesday next week, my
regular job eats my time for the next few days. I can
make them generally available if you want them
afterwards.
[ lynx doesn't handle the CSS but it does work with
the xhtml perfectly fine. I use lynx as the acid test
for accessibility.. minimal browser means accessible
by all if it works in it. I have noticed cell phones
browsing sites I have done by that criteria. ]

Jaqui