What program do you use for web design?

Jaqui Greenlees jaqui_greenlees at yahoo.ca
Wed May 16 12:52:02 PDT 2007

--- Alan Lord <lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Cedric wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I recently started with building websites, and
> found the program 'nvu'. This
> > program works OK, the only problem sofar is that
> it replaces this:
> > <pre>
> > number
> > of
> > lines
> > </pre>
> > With this:
> >
> > Does anybody know a solution for this?
> >
> > What program do you use for webdesign, and what
> problems do you face with
> > those programs?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Cedric de WIjs
>
> I use Bluefish. It's really a development env. for
> programming but it
> handles html/css/xml etc etc - just no wysiwyg but
> then you only need a
> browser for that anyway. And most web design I do is
> done by playing
> with css after the basic structure is done.
>
> Hope that helps a bit,
>
> Alan

I personally prefer S.C.R.E.E.M. About the only 2
differences from Bluefish is it was written for
website work, so has the ftp file transfer to remote
server built i. and it doesn't require connectivity to
MS servers through the smb-client stack.
[ with no MS based servers, smb-client is cruft on my
systems ]

Jaqui