SPAM - the compleat cure

Stef Bon stef at bononline.tk
Fri Mar 23 05:17:38 PDT 2007

TheOldFellow wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:24:49 +0000
> Bennett Todd <bet at rahul.net> wrote:
>
>> Greylisting I've heard well of. Only badly misconfigured senders
>> should cause you to lose legit email.
>>
>> If I didn't find spamassassin plus a well-trained bogofilter plus
>> tossing all text/html to keep my inbox clean, I'd probably be doing
>> greylisting.
>>
>> -Bennett
>
> The advantage of greylisting is that the filtering happens at the STMP
> protocol level, so there is actually a processing overhead REDUCTION.
Well, I've tried postgrey with postfix.
(postfix version 2.3.3 with postgrey version 1.2.7)

The reports on the websites look promising, but the only thing happening
with my system is throttling...

I've tried some things....

This is getting anoying sometimes. It simply does not work, and I do not
understand why. The postgrey website does not have a installationguide, so
I followed the guide about greylisting in general on the postfix website.

I've tried to find on the Internet simmular problems.
Uggh, sometimes I do not like opensource. The only thing I could do is to
remove this greylisting thing again. And please don't start saying I did
something wrong.

Stef Bon