Open Source AV/Disk Scanning

R. Quenett qcal at quen.net
Tue Mar 20 07:59:44 PDT 2007

from Alan Lord:

" Hi all,
"
" I know this is a bit of an oxymoron but what (if any) Anti
" Virus/Cleaning tools do you use - Open Source only please?
"
" I'm hoping to get an idea of what the community thinks is the best; or
" worst for that matter.
"
" A quick Google throws up:
"
" http://www.clamwin.com/
" http://www.clamav.net/

These are what I use.  Plus http://www.sosdg.org/clamav-win32/
(another incarnation of clamav) on the dark side.

Also, I hope you don't mind me asking, how does one test an av setup?
 http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm has some interesting
comments and makes the widely used eicar.com available.  I have used
http://www.testvirus.org/ but for the last while, for me, this site
has just timed out.  Has anyone else seen this, know what happened to
testvirus.org and/or know of an alternative?

Pay your own bills.