What is lfs/blfs used for?

Colin Dean cdean at cs.westminster.edu
Sat Mar 17 14:24:28 PDT 2007

>> As a side bar to all this compiling and debugging, I ask, "What do you
>> use lfs/blfs for?".

http://www.cs.westminster.edu/~cdean/capstone

I'm using LFS and CLFS to build my graduation project, a compact router
distro meant for simple LAN party administration.

The best part is knowing that, should something go wrong, I've
documented every thing I've done beyond a base CLFS, so I can /very/
quickly rebuild the entire project up to this point if something were to
go wrong. All it would take is ~75 SBUs for LFS and however many
CLFS-embedded takes, plus the custom packages (10 or so) and I'd be up
and running.