Just Allowing Firefox

Colin Kemp colin at greenballenterprises.net
Mon Feb 26 17:21:13 PST 2007

On Feb 26, 2007, at 7:56 PM, Jonathan Steel wrote:

> Hi
>
> Im new to Linux From Scratch and I wondering if its possible to
> what Im
> looking for. I want a really stripped down version of Linux so that
> it only
> runs Firefox. Thats it! I dont want a desktop or anything. Just
> firefox.
>
> Is that even possible with Linux From Scratch or do I just need to
> strip
> down a distro and modify the code by hand?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jonathan Steel

First off it would seem that even with a system with just firefox,
you would need the X window system. There's not really much stripping
you could do with LFS, and it makes a pretty small system. You could
possibly follow the dependencies of X and strip what you don't need,
but following the LFS book would be easier and still would leave you
a small system.

Colin Kemp

GreenBall Enterprises
colin at greenballenterprises.net