Old LFS Release package archives

William Harrington wwh20610 at cmsu2.cmsu.edu
Wed Feb 14 12:51:02 PST 2007

On Feb 14, 2007, at 2:15 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 14 February 2007 19:18, William Harrington wrote:
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>>      I'm back in the US and I'm on a mission. I'm archiving all old
>>> LFS Release package archives. If you have anything from 1.0 to 5.1.1
>>> please let me know. I want to archive them all. This is an important
>>> project .
>>
>> Hi William.  Go crazy over at
>> http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-museum/ :-)  Or is it the
>> actual
>> source tarballs you were after?  In which case, I can't help I'm
>> afraid.
>>
>> Matt
>
> I can find the books at the museum, but no one has archived the
> packages and patches, which is a shame.
>
> Most of the packages I can grab from the source of old distros like
> slackware and redhat and gnu ftp servers keep older releases most of
> the time, however, it's the patches that is the problem.
>
> So yes, the source tarballs with the source is needed. I'm archiving
> the current lfs-packages onto my array. I was wanting to build an LFS
> 3.3 system for my 486 for fun times, but... the patches are kinda
> missing. Also, I have the 4.0 CDs here, but the patches aren't
> present, but the sources are. Strange. Is there an old mirror that
> was never updated and is still online? haha
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William

Was browsing the internet archive, and didn't think it archived sites
totally, but it has. You can download packages, images of previous
websites and mirrors of the linuxfromscratch project. So now I have
found the 3.3 packages... and more... if anyone is interested, this
might help those in search of everything. http://www.archive.org

Sincerely,

William