Just a personal update

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:35:29 PST 2007

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:03:27 -0700
Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Part of the reason I'm making this known is because I'm interested in
> hearing comments or suggestions from you all, I know some of you have a
> great deal of experience in the IT industry. Also, I seem to recall some
> bit of discussion on Asterisk. Was that you, Alan? We're looking to do
> some work with that as well and make that one of our offerings.

The trick is to get them to pay you without you telling them what you
know already that they don't :)

So you have to say:  I know all about X.  They say: Prove it.  You tell
them, and then they know all about X too.

In consultancy you have to convince them to pay you without telling
what they are going to get. (apart from the report, that is)

R.
ex Managing Consultant: ICL E-Business (sold Consultancy to Banks)
ex Director, Technical Strategy:  ICL Group (bought Consultancy)
now Retired (and much happier) and I don't know nothin' - 'specially
'bout 'puters!