Just a personal update

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 21 10:24:43 PST 2007

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:03:27 -0700, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> Just wanted to drop a line explaining what I've been up to and what has
> been keeping me away from LFS these days.

Nice to hear from you, Jeremy.

> Essentially, I've started up a consulting business. A friend of mine has
> some professional consulting experience, and I have a bit more of the
> hands on technical experience. Together we figured we'd be able to offer
> something solid.

Fantastic.  I've always wanted to get into a one-man/two-man setup, but never had the balls or the opportunity.  I hope everything goes well for you!

> Anyway, here's the website, we just put it up a little while ago:
> http://www.lightcubesolutions.com

Looks nice.  Clean, simple, easy to navigate, standards compliant!

> Part of the reason I'm making this known is because I'm interested in
> hearing comments or suggestions from you all, I know some of you have a
> great deal of experience in the IT industry.

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience on the consultancy side.  Like you, I'm more hands-on technically oriented.  Not sure how much database experience either of you two have, but that's an area worth looking into, if you decide to branch out (see I did visit your site :)) from your hardware-oriented networking activities.  At this stage, it'd be ideal for me to offer my own services, but, alas, I'm not in a position to do so currently :(

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your new venture - I hope everything works out for you.  Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year mate.  Keep safe!

Best wishes,

Matt.