Cultural differences question(s)

Richard A Downing FBCS CITP richard at langside.org.uk
Fri Mar 31 01:47:21 PST 2006

Clemens Haupt wrote:
> Am Thursday 30 March 2006 23:08, teilten sie mit:
>
>> Richard A Downing FBCS CITP <richard at langside.org.uk>
>
> Sorry, what's that FBCS? Former British Citicen <Sigh>

FBCS = Fellow of the British Computer Society.
CITP = Chartered Information Technology Practitioner.

I'm still a British Citizen, although I much preferred the old title,
now long defunct: 'Subject of Her Britannic Majesty'.  Another bit of
European 'harmonisation'.

I'm one of those that does support the Monarchy, and I even supported
the Union with Scotland and Ireland, but since devolution I don't see
why the Scots have to come here and rule the English.  We also subsidise
them through our tax system.

The English are now a conquered people, ruled in London by Scots.  Even
the leaders of the opposition parties are all Scots, so there is no
democratic solution in sight.

Tony the Warmonger has just passed a law making parliament obsolete too
- it lets Ministers amend and repeal legislation without asking
parliament or seeking Royal Assent.  Thus dies the Mother of Parliaments
at the hand of the Butcher's Boy of Iraq.

Keep doing Linux guys, it helps keep your minds of the problems of the
world.

R.