Cultural differences question(s)

Spencer Collyer spencer at lasermount.plus.com
Thu Mar 30 10:37:55 PST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:45:39 +0100, Richard A Downing FBCS CITP wrote:
> RavenKnight wrote:
> > Hello Everybody,
> >    I would like to ask a few questions about cultural differences
> > between the United States and other country's, specifically in
> > regarding business and academia. If this is not an acceptable topic
> > for lfs-chat I apologize in advance.
> >
> > 1) What is the predominant language used in business in your country?
> English, since we invented it.

Surely it came originally from the North Sea coast of Germany and Denmark?

Celtic and Pictish were 'invented' here, but not too many people speak
those natively nowadays :-)

--
<<< Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines >>>
7:35pm up 12 days 7:08, 16 users, load average: 0.30, 1.03, 0.90