Using NFS over TCP

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 29 06:04:45 PST 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Eduardo Costa Lisboa wrote:

> Hi, guys. I have tried to mount a root filesystem via NFS using TCP,
> and it only mounts read-only; but when I try to use UDP it just goes
> as it should. Do anyone of you know if TCP support is still read-only
> on kernel 2.6.12 and where can I get more info about that?

 I don't know about *root* filesystems, but I've been mounting other
things r/w with nfs and tcp for what seems like ages, and almost
certainly using 2.6.12.6 (which is the oldest kernel on this box).  I
would take a look at the bootscripts first.  In particular, I suspect
that LFS/BLFS bootscripts might not have been tested with nfs root.

Ken