Publisher files

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 5 12:14:16 PST 2006

Richard A Downing wrote:
> Someone has sent me some Microsoft Publisher files to work on.  Does
> anyone know of any tools to extract the content is a usable form?  I use
> Scribus for DTP, and OpenOffice for other office tasks, but these .pub
> files have defeated me so far, and that is annoying!
>
> Microsoft shall not win!  (Rule #1)
>
> Richard.

Some more stuff:

The closest approximation of punisher on *nix is scribus.
http://www.scribus.org/ It does not, and looks like it never will, open
.pub files.

Various sources suggest either converting to EPS or to DOC and then more
conversions on the linux side.

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Import_Publisher_to_Scribus has a
working solution....but how well I really don't know.  I much like the
looks of converting to EPS, or PDF and importing from there.

-- DJ Lucas