SATA drives

Carlos Martín carlosmn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 13:00:43 PST 2006

On 02/03/06, Andrei Mircea <mircea.andrei at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> I have a SATA drive and use it with several Linux systems including LFS 6.0. All of them recognize the drive as IDE. However, even if there is only one drive, they see it as /dev/hdc. This causes problems with some live Linux CDs which do not boot but others see it fine.
>         Andrei

You are probably using the old (now deprecated) way. I'm using the newer one.

About GRUB, I've just checked and it has no prblems with SATA drives.
I think it complained to me because normally SCSI aren't bootable
(guessing, I've no actual idea how they work).

I did `touch /boot/findme` and in the GRUB console typed `find
/boot/findme` and it gave me the partition id.