Need some hints on embedding my LFS

Nico Berndt groups at komeda-berlin.de
Tue Aug 22 10:49:49 PDT 2006

Brandon Peirce schrieb:
> Andrea Reina wrote:
>> > How do I get a list of all access-times of all the files sorted in
>> > reverse order by date? That would really really help a lot, right!
>> >

>> Lessee.... I'm away from my linux box right now, so I can't give a
>> command to type out, but if you did an 'ls -lu' giving the absolute
>> paths of all the files on you system ('find / -type f' is one way), then
>> piped the output to the 'sort' command, giving it the right parameters
>> for field and ascending/descending etc, that should get you pretty close
>
> No need to pipe through sort, just use -t option to ls. Something like
> find / -type f |xargs ls -lurt
> should do the trick. Remove the 'r' option to ls if the reversal is not
> what you want.
>
> B.

Thx for all the hints, that will help a lot i suppose. I will just
delete everything that is not accessed after starting my application and
I should be set with a very tiny system.

Cool.

Also cool is that I am going on vacation tomorrow, so it will take a
while until I will report success but I will!

Regards,
../nico