Need some hints on embedding my LFS

Nico Berndt groups at komeda-berlin.de
Mon Aug 21 10:15:52 PDT 2006

Nico Berndt schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> successfully having built my second lfs system it is time to dive into
> the actual goal behind it: creating an embedded environment for a single
> application to run automated.
> The system should boot from a flashdisk and run entirely in ram.
>
> Since there are many many files left, that I obviously won't need and
> since I am not experienced in thinning out a linux system I ask for help
> here now.
> Is there any hint/tutorial or whatsoever to help me? I couldn't find
> anything but the usual "..now delete everything that you don't need."
> wich would leave me to try and error. Quite a painfull and
> time-consuming thing.
>
> To give a little more information about what I aim for:
> I want to keep one complete system that I can use for building my
> binaries and transfer them to the small system wich should contain
> something like tiny-X-server, since I depend on accelerated graphics
> that my hardware won't provide using a framebuffer.
> This system should run entirely in ram. I have 1GB of ram, so there is
> no need to go absolutely mad about squeezing, but I just don't want to
> carry around 100s of megs of stuff noone will ever need.
>
> Let's see..
>
> Best regards,
> ../nico

Was away for a couple of days..

First of all thanks for all the replies. It looks like there is no other
way than really getting down with all the single files spread over the
final build.

Still your answers will help a lot in doing that.

How do I get a list of all access-times of all the files sorted in
reverse order by date? That would really really help a lot, right!

Regards,
../nico