Need some hints on embedding my LFS

Nico Berndt groups at komeda-berlin.de
Fri Aug 18 01:59:47 PDT 2006

Hi,

successfully having built my second lfs system it is time to dive into
the actual goal behind it: creating an embedded environment for a single
application to run automated.
The system should boot from a flashdisk and run entirely in ram.

Since there are many many files left, that I obviously won't need and
since I am not experienced in thinning out a linux system I ask for help
here now.
Is there any hint/tutorial or whatsoever to help me? I couldn't find
anything but the usual "..now delete everything that you don't need."
wich would leave me to try and error. Quite a painfull and
time-consuming thing.

To give a little more information about what I aim for:
I want to keep one complete system that I can use for building my
binaries and transfer them to the small system wich should contain
something like tiny-X-server, since I depend on accelerated graphics
that my hardware won't provide using a framebuffer.
This system should run entirely in ram. I have 1GB of ram, so there is
no need to go absolutely mad about squeezing, but I just don't want to
carry around 100s of megs of stuff noone will ever need.

Let's see..

Best regards,
../nico