X Client for Windows?

USM Bish bish at touchtelindia.net
Mon Oct 24 20:06:48 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 01:40:30PM +0100, Alan Lord wrote:

> Anyone know  of an open source  X client (I think  it should
> probably be called a server  but that always seems the wrong
> way round  to me)  that I can  run on WinXP  to access  my X
> installation on LFS?

One of  the easiest methods of  accessing X on a  *nix machine
from a windows  box is to use  VNC. There are quite  a few out
there. RealVNC and OpenVNC both  work fine. Pl note, bloat WMs
like KDE and Windows for the user should be replaced with some
lightweight stuff like icewm or fluxbox.

HTH

Bish