Evolution

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 23 11:36:22 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am becoming very fond of the Evolution email client. Am I alone
> here? It seems to do everything Thunderbird does, and some things
> better.

<Snip>

> What I think is a drag:
>
> 1. The dependency list. I'm certain this alone keeps many folks
> from ever trying out Evolution. However, if you use GNOME, you
> should consider looking at Evolution.

I used to like evolution, but then they changed something with the way
rules were processed during an upgrade and it made a mess of my local
folders.  I don't remember exactly what was different, but I couldn't
make it do what I needed at the time.  I moved back to Mozilla and then
Thunderbird and really haven't looked at it since.

Just recently, I found some odities with my Thunderbird upgrade (of
course it's a cvs snap so I can't really complain).  Importing
everything again from archives solved my issues.  I think I might give
EVO a try agian some time soon.  But all of the above is really off of
the threads topic and probably more of a problem between the keyboard
and chair anyway.  The real reason I use thunderbird is that it's built
and ready to go shortly after X completes so I can use it to ask
questions while building gnome (obviously that wasn't the case for this
build).

-- DJ Lucas