USB problem

bburch linux at itunlimitedinc.com
Sun Oct 9 16:54:41 PDT 2005

Hey All:
short and sweet
using RHEL 4 and I am trying to install a samsung clp-510 laser (usb)
I have done a mknod /dev/usb/lp0 c 180 0   (found this in linux usb.org)
The printer install seems to have gone ok...but...during printing of the
test page......Unable to open USB device "usb:/dev/usb/lp0": No such
device.

The internet is loaded with this type of question, but nary a soulution
any ideas...?

Also, when i reboot, my /dev/usb/lp0 device is erased
below is a snippet from command line:

[root at linux ~]# ls -l /dev/lp0
crw-rw----  1 root lp 6, 0 Oct  9 12:28 /dev/lp0
[root at linux ~]# ls -l /dev/usb/lp0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root 180, 0 Oct  9 17:39 /dev/usb/lp0

Input is always appreciated

regards_brian