How do you name your computers?

Joshua Murphy poisonbl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 10:19:26 PDT 2005

> Unfortunately most of the PCs in our house are Windows (but they don't
> Realise mine aren't!) with Samba where needed.

yeah ... mine are the only two (main and old laptop that needs a
pcmcia or usb lan connection) so far on linux, i'm trying to get my
mom hooked, but with my dad it's a lost cause ... he used to work on
unix boxes in his 20 years in the navy, but since then, he's mostly
settled down to point & click ... though if he ever opens a coffee
shop/internet cafe he keeps talking about, he's already agreed to a
linux based server/client system (i showed him M$ liscensing costs ...
lol) ... though he also plans to offer wireless access to customers,
lightly encrypted of course (gotta figure out how to set up a very
custom dhcp poicy there, custom lease times should do most of it) ...

> I'm just about to start getting my 5 year old son exposed to Linux. He
> already has a good grasp of "WIMP" and finds the Cbeebies website with
> ease!

:-D another early convert ...

--
Poison [BLX]