How do you name your computers?

Alan Lord lord_alan at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 10:01:33 PDT 2005

Joshua wrote:

>first, i must say ... GREAT taste in reading material ...

Thanks. I've read everyone and still love them.

My next machine will probably be called Moist: after the latest great
character Moist Von Lipwig.

>My family traditionally uses names based on who uses them most and
>what processor they run ... mine are simply poison1, poison2, poison3,
>etc. ... that way at a LAN if i say grab a file off my box, they can
>figure out which one themselves (windows sticks around sometimes for
>gaming)

Unfortunately most of the PCs in our house are Windows (but they don't
Realise mine aren't!) with Samba where needed.

I'm just about to start getting my 5 year old son exposed to Linux. He
already has a good grasp of "WIMP" and finds the Cbeebies website with
ease!

Cheers

Al