How do you name your computers?

Joshua Murphy poisonbl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 09:41:49 PDT 2005

On 10/7/05, Alan Lord <lord_alan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I use characters from Terry Pratchet's Discworld novels:
>
> Rincewind: a rather poor and decrepit wizard (My crusty old AMD K6-450,
> where it all began)
>
> TwoFlower: The first Discworld Tourist (My old Dell Dimension 8100)
>
> Gaspode: A smelly but VERY clever dog (My wife's AMD 64 3000+)
>
> Binky: Death's Horse (My AMD 64 3200+)
>
> Mort: Death's Apprentice (My very old Dell Dimension XPS 333)
>
> Cheers
>
> Alan

first, i must say ... GREAT taste in reading material ...

My family traditionally uses names based on who uses them most and
what processor they run ... mine are simply poison1, poison2, poison3,
etc. ... that way at a LAN if i say grab a file off my box, they can
figure out which one themselves (windows sticks around sometimes for
gaming)

--
Poison [BLX]
Joshua M. Murphy