How do you name your computers?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Thu Oct 6 23:18:38 PDT 2005

> Just wondering what people name their computers these days.

Where I used to work, they had 7 test systems connected to a sentral server.

The testers were named after the seven dwarfs and the server was snow white.

This fell apart when another 6 tester were bought, though.

On a side note, our production lines were named after irish writers, Behan,
Swift and Joyce. And when we started building a new product called Gulliver,
it was built on the Swift line, which wasn't.

We also had a line worker named Joyce, but she always worked on the Swift
line, which caused all sorts of confusion (-;

Cheers,

	John Gay