How do you name your computers?

sash sash at dalriada.com
Thu Oct 6 20:39:06 PDT 2005

My computers names were amethyst, obsidian and emerald. I recently
became bored with gemstones and emerald is now whisper, obsidian is
shadow and amethest is echo. Amethyst/echo is my original computer and
quite old; therefore, she is an echo from my past. I can't part with
her, even though her modem was rigged by Compaq and can't be replaced
internally which I unfortunately discovered only after I had removed it.
She has a nonstandard case and a quantum bigfoot harddrive, and was a
bundled system, but she's a diehard and there's a special place in my
heart for her. There is a method to my my madness ;)
sash