Absolutely frustrated...

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Fri Mar 18 08:33:43 PST 2005

On 3/18/2005 07:34, John McGinn wrote:

> So, Im at a crossroads. Either give up on Gnome and it's 4gazillion
> libraries that are needed to create HelloWorld in GTK and move to QT when
> I need only 4 huge libraries. Or, I have to start from scratch and build a
> brand new LFS 6.0 system in my (nonexistent [job/married/14mo son]) spare
> time. (And hell no, am I going back to M$!)

You probably won't totally be able to get away with no GTK+ 'cause an
awful lot of stuff uses it.  I've been kinda interested in getting to know
motif now that it's free (dunno if that's a good use of time) and then
there's wxWidgets which can use either GTK+ or just base X11 libs.

I wonder if the mono project has anything going like you can do with the
MS version of C# for "easy" gui programming?

~Jason