LFS for Old Hardware, which to choose?

Tor Olav Stava tostava at tiscali.no
Sun Mar 13 14:18:56 PST 2005

> I'll keep my eye open for everything light ;) Just have to get LFS-5.1.1
> compiled now. Getting segmentation faults compiling Glibc. Third run now,
> and seems the fault's appearing in the same place every time. Did think
bad
> RAM was the cause, but not so sure anymore. Have changed BIOS settings,
and
> running make again. Will change memory next, and last option will be the
> LiveCD in case it's the host system acting up.. (RH9)

Just a small update if anyone's interested ;)
Seems I might have some hardware trouble here, BIOS settings changed, RAM
changed, RH thrown away, and running LiveCD, but still get segmentation
faults. (LFS-6.0 now)
I'll have to get cross-compiling to work before I continue with this, as it
takes about 3-5 hours before the segfault appears, and I've tried 4 or 5
times now. It's not fun anymore :(

- Tor Olav