LFS for Old Hardware, which to choose?

Tor Olav Stava tostava at tiscali.no
Sun Mar 13 14:14:40 PST 2005

You're quite right, Tiny-X is now called Kdrive, and I found it also on the
Xorg homepage, but it's not part of Xorg. (I think it said).

> http://www.rule-project.org/article.php3?id_article=105

That's very interesting reading also. Almost perfect for what I'm looking
for. Only thing I didn't like about the RULE project, is that it's based on
RH's RPM, though it might make life a lot easier, it goes against the reason
I started with LFS in the first place. I'd like to know all the internals of
the system, and have complete control of what I'm putting in there, which I
don't feel I have with the packaging systems. Think I'll give RULE a try
though, just for fun, and see how it runs. Will get back to LFS as soon as I
can figure out the cross-compiling thing.. ;)

> That is also my link for how to compile kdrive too :)
> I will have a go in the next few weeks.

I'd very much like to know your experience with the kdrive. I'll give it a
try myself also, but my compiling experience is very limited.

Thanks

- Tor Olav