Playing radio stations

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Mar 8 10:54:50 PST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Gabriel Munoz wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 01:21 +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >  Ok, so I'm finally dragging myself into the 20th century.  Got the amp
> > and speakers powered up, loads of audio libraries compiled, but what do
> > I use to play ogg radio stations ?
>
> If you want to stay away from xmms (and nasty gtk1), try
> beep-media-player: http://beepmp.sourceforge.net/

 Thanks, any legible skins for it ?  My eyes are about 36 inches (90cm)
from my 1600x1200 monitor.  I thought the 'D' button (selected by trial
and error) might help, but it just gives a message that doublesize has
been removed.

> It is a fork of xmms to gtk2 and supports ogg streams (just tested it).
> Also, streamtuner (http://www.nongnu.org/streamtuner/) integrates well
> with it.

 Ah, that seems to help a lot.  I'm sure there must be a way to edit the
preferences, but symlinking xmms to beep-media-player works nicely.
(You might guess that I'm still unconvinced by graphical desktops for
most things).