live CD: "VFS: cannot open root device"

Mike Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 17:48:25 PST 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:59:28 -0600, MOD <masonoliverdickson at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I created a LFS Live CD using the instructions at
>
> http://culmination.org/Mike/2.6-udev-nptl-bootcd.txt

I'm on my way out the door (saturday night woo hoo!) so sorry for the
short response, but I wanted to reply since I'm the one that copied
the "Easy" hint and rearranged it while trying to make my first live
cd's with what was lfs-testing at the time. Before I submitted it I
created a cd by following the hint from beginning to end and it
worked. Of course there could be something wrong in there (s/could
be/theres a good chance there is/ ). Until I have time to look it
over, I can suggest only that you make sure that your /etc/fstab is
pointing to the correct partition, and that your kernel is configured
with support for ramdisks and initial ramdisks (initrd).

Mike