Got some segfaulty problems

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 21 11:59:00 PST 2005

On February 21, 2005 12:07 pm, Gareth Westwood wrote:
> Next I went looking for libs that may have gotten problems with them,
> ldd told me that rm, ls and mv are all linked to but then I found that
> mv is to and that is working so I assume that isn't the problem.

Those different programs use different functions from the C libraries. It's
possible that the library ended up partially corrupt.

Other reasons for mysterious seg faults are hardware problems such as a bad
CPU or RAM. If you have any spares, try swapping it out.

If it's a software issue related to Glibc, you could boot from a LFS LiveCD
and build yourself a new Glibc and install that into your LFS system,
overwriting the current Glibc. That might fix the problems right away.

--
Gerard Beekmans