ALSA and mic input

Christian H. Kuhn official at qno.de
Mon Feb 14 11:16:55 PST 2005

Hi all,

I don't find anything with google ...

LFS, ALSA-1.0.4, VIA82c686. I want to use a microphone for sound
input.

In alsamixer, there is a mic channel. I use it for capture. It is not
muted, it is selected for input, and it has 100%.

Same in KMix.

Now i start audacity-1.2.3. I speak into the mic, and i can't see any
input.

What i found is that the output of arecord -l might give useful
informations:

[root at ns1 /]# arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: rev21 [VIA 82C686A/B rev21], device 0: VIA 82C686A/B rev21 [VIA 82C686A/B rev21]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Is any further information necessary, or is my fault already obvious
for the guru? ;-)

TIA
Chris

--
Usenet est omnis divisa in partes tres, quarum unam incolunt Trolli,
aliam useri regulari, tertiam, qui ipsorum lingua dei, nostra admini