LFS + UTF8

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Sun Feb 13 04:18:20 PST 2005

On 13-Feb-05 06:15, Natan wrote:

> [...] So I would like to know
> where UTF8 can cause problems in LFS, if they are critical problems,
> what happens if I use UTF8 by default... (until now i had no problems).

In short, there's just a bunch of places where it doesn't work.  It's
complicated and I would suggest searching the lists and esp. looking at
posts from Alexander E. Patrakov.  There are a number of posts
explaining the gory details.

If you really UTF-8 I would suggest taking a look at Plan 9 under Xen on
Linux.  Plan 9 has complete and thorough Unicode support.

~Jason